Monday 30 March 2015

ONE NIGHT for Religious Freedom: What it means to Sr Edelquine in Kenya

ONE NIGHT for Religious Freedom has been receiving messages of support from people all over the world. Today's post features the first in a series of Guest Mini-Blogs in which guest bloggers complete a short list of four questions about themselves, their interest and/or involvement with ACN and any messages that they want to send to displaced and refugee Iraqis. Read on to see how today's Guest Blogger from Kenya feels about getting involved with ACN through ONE NIGHT for Religious Freedom.

1. Please give us a bit of background about yourself: I am Sr. Edelquine, a nun and student. I am a Little Sister of St. Francis. I am a second born of my family in Kenya.


2. Why are you interested in the issues surrounding Religious Freedom in our world today? Being a religious, I feel freedom was ordained by God. In that case, nobody should be forced to embrace a faith he/she is not conversant with. People have the freedom of worship at least from my country's view point and I presume worldwide.

3. Have you supported Aid to the Church in Need before? How might you be interested in helping in the future? I have never supported ACN before. I wish to be an active member of it. I like to volunteer in Commentation and being MC. I am also good in poetry and editing of passages. I yearn to talk to young people about valuing the word of God through catechesis.

4. What is your message to those Iraqis who are currently suffering persecution both as displaced people within Iraq and as refugees elsewhere? Courage! In persecution, we share the suffering of Christ. Let us hang on Christ our hope and trust. To the refugees, "the son of man has nowhere to lay his head...." Let us all join in prayer even when tempted to the point of death. Long live ACN.

Thank you for your contribution, Sr Edelquine--your message of support will be passed on to the Iraqi Community at ONE NIGHT in a few weeks' time. May God bless you in your work as a Little Sister of St Francis. ACN is very grateful for your support and prayers.

If  you would like to contribute to this series in the run-up to ONE NIGHT for Religious Freedom, please contact the NW Office of ACN ( email: email) or follow us on twitter: @ACNUK_NW; or facebook: www.facebook.com/acnuk.northwest) Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment